Thursday, November 2, 2017

YouTube Challenge


Image result for mount st mary's university

This past Tuesday I was challenged to create a video with a couple of my classmates of "why I love the Mount". The objective was to produce a video with the answering the question then, posting the video to Twitter to monitor the video by making it viral. My team won the challenge collectively we got 102 retweets and favorites by 2 pm class time on Thursday. My team was the first to post the video and we did ask our friends and family with a Twitter account to either like or retweet it. Our prize was 25 points of extra credit! 


I believe the reason why my group won the challenge was that we post the video early Tuesday evening. We then asked our friends and family to retweet and favorite it. If this was a video challenge where we couldn't promote our video but to naturally watch the video to go viral on its own, that would be a different story.  

Image result for youtube



I thought that our video was funny and it was fun to create the content. The only challenge that we faced was asking people to be a part of the video. The video only contained my group member's but we got creative with the little things of why we love the mount. 

If I had to redo this assignment I would try to shoot different areas of the campus and encourage other people to be apart of our video. I would also want our presentation of our video to be the full screen and not just a small square. This activity taught me to be creative with the setting of the mount and with the people on my team. The activity also taught me to trust my instincts and to have fun with the question. Below is the link to my team's video:


Finally, word of mouth is the way that my team won the challenge. Referring back to Kawasaki and Fitzpatrick tips my group followed the pass the reshare test and reshare your pals' posts of for our video campaign. The reshare test was our proof that Twitter users would risk their social media reputation to like and share our video. This activity taught me that word of mouth is one of the good ways to markets our video. It also taught me that the more you market a video the more attention traffic something will 

No comments:

Post a Comment